Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Searching for George Clooney



This blog started with the title, A Manatee Among the Seal People
a description of my obese body swimming amid 
a bunch of sleek, experienced swimmers. 
As a couple friends have pointed out, however, I look less 
and less like a manatee. Increasingly, my appearance 
has taken on that of the seals I want to emulate.
I now resemble a Shar Pei, but I couldn't think of a clever
way to incorporate the breed name into a title.

As a way of describing my goals, Searching for George Clooney
is absolutely dead on because finding George (for myself) 
seems as realistic as Don Quixote tilting at windmills. 
While my efforts to become a swimmer strong enough to swim 
the English Channel and to win the love of a man I adore may just 
fall into the same categories, just trying is worth it because 
I will achieve a healthier, stronger body 
and become more self-assured.


Gawd, how could I not love a face like that?

2 comments:

  1. I just realized you renamed your blog - Dahhhh.
    Maybe when you swim the Ohio River George will be home
    visiting his folks in northern KY waiting for you on shore
    with a big fluffy towel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks, FD, what a sweet, scary thought. But George, if you're paying any attention at all, the swim is scheduled for Saturday, August 9th. The entries aren't open yet but will be sometime next month.

    ReplyDelete